The Theatre


I remember that my mother always took me and my sister to plays for children, like “El Principito”, “El Patito Feo” or “El Gigante Egoísta”. When I was at school, the teachers usually took us to the theater to watch plays, opera and ballet dance. It was absolutly boring, so me and my friends needed to think a way to have fun in there. We were making trouble not only in the bus, but also at the theater. When the lights turned off and the play started, we threw peanuts to the assistants in front of us or we called to the cell phone of our classmates, so they rang loudly in the middle of silence. Later, I realize that many times we were in a very important place: Teatro Municipal of Santiago. When I finished school, the theater started to be a serious matter for me. I discovered the theaters of Barrio Bellavista and others from Santiago, and it was very different compared with the plays that I had seen until that moment. I always went there alone, so it converted in a kind of hobby for me, a place where I could learn about art and feel intense emotions at the dark.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog