When I had to decide for a career, I was worried about the subjects I would learn and how the university would broach them. So I applied to Psychology at Universidad de Chile, especially because I realized it shares the faculty with other disciplines that are related to the social area too (‘Facultad de Ciencias Sociales’). In that sense, I would say that I admire the way Víctor Jara lived and died. I believe he could understand the spirit of their fellow countrymen and fellow countrywomen. He was born on 1932. The family was poor. His mother and father were always at work; he was illiterate, she knew how to read a little bit. Almost everybody thinks that Victor only was a singer, but he participated on the chorus of the church, he went to the military, he studied to be an actor (instead of that, he preferred to direct), he went over this country to rescue popular poetry and he took part of one of the greatest moments of the chilean history (brief, but deeply intense). Well, to understand the psychology it is crucial to know different areas of the life.

Comments

  1. I like victor jara too, it was consistent and courageous :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the courage of Victor Jara has a lot of things to say to the discipline of psychology

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog