About Post Graduate Studies

In the last year of the undergraduate program of Psychology, the university gives us the possibility to take some courses (here we call them ‘diplomado’), in wich we can deepen about some aspect of our interest. I have a lot of options, for example, qualitative and quantitative methodology of investigation; community intervention; systemic therapy; organization’s innovation; and humanistic-existentialist psychology, among other things. However, I intend to take the psychoanalytic one. In that program, I have to decide between adult therapy or child and youth therapy. Both are really similar, in fact, each one has four courses and they share three of them; the fourth is different, because the subjec matter about child and teenagers I can't find it in the adult therapy 'diplomado'. Although I'll work with adults in the future, I think it's very important to study the childhood and the adolescence , so I think I will choose the one related to child and youth therapy. The true is that I don't imagine myself doing something different from Psychology, but , when I get older, I could study something related with art, maybe to become a theater director. For now, I intend to keep studing the same career. In Universidad de Chile, there's no a master's degree related with Psychoanalysis, so probably I will look for it abroad. I've heard that in Argentina there's a deep development of Psychoanalysis.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog